Aptitude Test, Identify and Develop Skill, Identify career goals and make action plans, To assess self potentials, To find a proper direction in the field of ones own interest, To Recognize our own strengths and weaknesses
1. BASIC CARE OF THE NEW BORN:- The child has been brought into this world by the parents and it becomes their prior and foremost responsibility and duty to see to it that the baby feels cherished, nurtured, is properly taken care of. Questions regarding the use of baby oils, creams, powders, diapers, crying, etc are discussed
2. GROWTH MONITORING : Monitoring growth parameters is important during early childhood. The Length, Weight and Head circumference are the crucial growth indicators which need to be measured. These measurements are plotted in the form of the child’s growth chart, which is self explanatory to parents. The rising lines in the graph makes the parents feel proud of their child growing well within normal limits.
3. DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENING:- Developmental screening ensures whether the child is fulfilling his/her crucial age related milestones and in turn serves as a preventive measure against any developmental delays. Early intervention leads to early prevention and in turn results into proper development of the child. Screening is done till 4 years of age.
4. TEETHING :- The clarifications of the various myths and misconceptions regarding the teething phase in infants and the actual reality associated with the eruption of teeth is the main aim. The caregivers are educated with regard to teething as a natural growing up process of the child.
5. DRESSING UP THE BABY:- The right type of clothes, the texture, the colour, the size and the material of the fabric all plays an important role in making the baby comfortable and happy. The baby’s happiness shines on the faces of the parents.
6. TYPES OF TOYS :- The selection of the various toys not only serves as an important playing medium for the baby, but it means the beginning of the acquisition and co-ordination of different useful skills which form an important and integral part of the future development of the child.
7. SAFETY MEASURES :- Accidents in the home cause more injuries to the preschooler than any other type. The efficacy of child rearing lies in the prevention of most of these mishaps, which can be done easily with a little forethought.
8. FEEDING TIPS :- The management of feeding pattern, the time, the baby’s need for feeding are some of the very sensitive and crucial issues for the new mothers, which are handled with proper guidance and empathy.
9: DIET COUNSELLING:- ‘Which’ foods to introduce and ‘when’ and’ why’ and ’how’ are some of the queries parents have regarding weaning. All the various questions which arise in the minds of the caregivers are satisfied and their quests answered.